Dr. Navina Jafa: Gatekeeper of the Spectacular:
A Fulbright Scholar at the Smithsonian Museum Dr. Jafa is a public academician on Heritage Interpretation, Presentation and Specialist in Development and Culture. She taught at the Brandeis University - Heller school of Sustainable International Development, as a Feldman Scholar a paper on Culture and Development Dr. Jafa was elected Vice President of Centre for New Perspectives (CNP) a non-profit non-government Think Tank which works as a platform for knowledge convergence on Traditional Skills spanning a range of sectors from Agro-forestry, Health, Cuisine, Linguistics and all areas of Intangible Heritage . CNP aims at bringing together grass-roots organizations engaged with communities with Traditional Skills and potential funding agencies to address sustainable development.
Navina Jafa did her dissertation which was a survey on Intangible Heritage in the Urban towns of North & Central India from 18thc to present times. The thesis was executed as a research scholar with the Indira Gandhi Centre for the Arts, and was registered at the Department of History and culture in the Jamia Milia Islamia University, Delhi.
Dr. Jafa curates and presents Exhibit Delhi Heritage Walks & Journeys in all parts of India. Dr. Jafa has presented Heritage of India to a range of people from political leaders, Nobel laureates, corporate, government delegations, scholars, museum groups, students, children and footpath dwellers. She was:
- Lead Consultant on intangible heritage skills --- at the Asian Heritage Foundation, Delhi;
- Was as honorary consultant for the Central Board of Second Education (CBSE) to create special heritage education program through Teacher’s training program under which she trained over 2000 teachers.
- Was appointed Heritage consultant with the Shajahanabad Redevelopment Corporation, Govt. of Delhi where her work was to develop programs to raise civic consciousness on Heritage and conservation.
- Dr. Jafa has studied classical dance, art history, and interfaith studies. She remains a Classical dancer, and takes up short assignments in Universities to teach Importance of Heritage Interpretation, Heritage Education, Dialogues between Indian Performing and Visual Arts, Cultural Traditional Skills and Dev
Heritage Presentation Technique for Delhi Walks & Jafa journeys:
Dr. Jafa is a unique specialist on presenting and interpreting cultural heritage – tangible and intangible anywhere in India. She is known as one of the pioneers of Delhi heritage Walks and has to her credit an iconic work on academic book of exhibiting Heritage. Dr. Jafa has worked in heritage presentation for the last two and half decades. Touring Delhi and India is incredible with her. She constructs tailored narratives on experiential understanding of India.
Dr. Jafa offers her services on different levels:
- Offers Exclusive Academic Journeys around India for which there are limited seats, and selection is made based on information on screened forms.
- Can be commissioned as a study leader to present Indian heritage anywhere in India for tours.
- Can be commissioned to curate tailor made Heritage Exhibit Walks in cities of Delhi, Agra, Varanasi and other cities of India for visiting Delegates, Seminars, Conferences
- Can be hired by travel agencies, Universities and Museums to present and interpret Indian Heritagescapes as a study leader
- Creates special tailored made Heritage Events and Experiences for Seminars, Conferences ET.
- Specialist on developing and executing Heritage Experiential learning programs for Children
- Can be commissioned for individuals & groups of Delhi Heritage Walks